M.Sc., DSocSci, Adjunct Professor in Economic and Social History, Faculty of Social Sciences, University of Helsinki
Laine is a lecturer in Economic and Social History 2019-2022. She has lectured on oral history and uses it in her research. Laine has written many books and articles on forest history. In 2011-2012 she organised the oral history project Puukauppamuistoja in collaboration with Suomalaisen Kirjallisuuden Seura (SKS); the project was funded by Metsämiesten Säätiö. Laine’s article Metsä talouden ja arvojen risteyksessä was published in Vaurastumisen vuodet – Suomen taloushistoria teollistumisen jälkeen (2019, ed. Laine et al.)
M.Soc.Sci, Forest Engineer, Forests and Bioresources doctoral programme, Forests and Bioresources, University of Eastern Finland
Halla has worked on many projects related to responsibility and natural resources in Metsähallitus since 2002. She has represented Metsähallitus in the Kestävästi metsäsuhteessa project, which was funded by the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry and organised by the Finnish Forest Association and Lusto –The Finnish Forest Museum. Halla studied the aesthetic relationship with nature in her Master of Philosophy thesis (University of Jyväskylä 2004).
MA, Doctoral programme in Social and Cultural Encounters, Philosophical Faculty, University of Eastern Finland.
Karhunkorva works as a senior forest culture specialist at Lusto, where she has developed the concept of the human-forest relationship in museum activities as well as a tool for forestry in recent years. She is a member of the expert group on intangible heritage in Finland and has promoted the selection of human-forest relationship to the National Inventory of Living Heritage. Karhunkorva studied the forest relationship of Finnish children and the cultural meanings of forest brought up by the children in her Master thesis (University of Jyväskylä 2005).
The steering group, which meets at least once a year.
- Adjunct Professor, Director of Development Leena Paaskoski, Lusto – The Finnish Forest Museum (Chair of the steering group)
- Senior Adviser, Matti Heikurainen, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry
- Professor Teppo Hujala, University of Eastern Finland
- President of the Board, Harri Hölttä, The Finnish Association for Nature Conservation
- Research Manager, Kalle Karttunen, The Central Union of Agricultural Producers and Forest Owners (MTK)
- Director of Communications, Mika Mäkinen, Finnish Forest Industries
- Professor Pasi Puttonen, University of Helsinki
- Sustainable Development Manager, Antti Otsamo, Metsähallitus